Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida’s Strategic Plan is created through a joint effort of the Board of Directors and senior management and is developed over a period of months in advance of the inception date for the new plan. It is created with the goal of expanding our mission to fight hunger through increasing food resources available for the community.
The Strategic Plan is measured by the progress made in accomplishing the established goals. The progress is discussed at each of the monthly Board of Directors meetings.
STRATEGIC PLAN OVERVIEW (2013-2014)
GOAL 1: Build organizational capacity to support the strategic plan and future growth
- Objective 1: Conduct and complete a multi-year strategic plan, branding initiative and strategic Development plan
- Objective 2: Maintain annual campaign fund-raising capability while completing capital campaign goals.
- Objective 3: Ensure a work environment that values team work, productive staff, their development and rewards commitment to the organization.
- Objective 4: Focus the Board commitment to support each strategic goal.
GOAL 2: Provide availability and access to food and other grocery products in order to close the gap between need for food and availability.
- Objective 1: Increase the amount of food we acquire and distribute by 5% each year.
- Objective 2: Increase produce by 15% the first year and 10% the following years.
- Objective 3: Upgrade our Food Safety program to meet and/or exceed Feeding America’s future direction in this area.
GOAL 3: Increase reach and coverage with our Partner Agency network
- Objective 1: Utilize findings from three recent hunger related studies to strategically allocate resources throughout the communities we serve.
- Objective 2: Continue the work on the Agency Capacity Building initiative and secure funding
- Objective 3: Increase growth of Partner Agency networking opportunities through scheduled facilitation by Agency Relations staff.
GOAL 4: Mobilize leaders and communities by bringing visibility to the invisible problem of hunger and poverty.
- Objective 1: Inform key community and business leaders regarding hunger awareness and their potential role in its solution.
- Objective 2: Reduce the underlying causes of hunger and food insecurity by advocating for public policies that bring about long-term change.
- Objective 3: Address Nutrition as a major issue.