Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is a Community Champion?
Anyone can be a Community Champion! A Community Champion can be a business, school, organization or an individual. As a Community Champion, you must commit to raising a minimum of $500.
Once you sign up, you can encourage anyone to donate towards your goal through your virtual food drive page. Community Champions will be recognized though our social media efforts and in a “thank you” ad at the end of the campaign. If you would like to share any pictures, stories or testimonials from your fundraising efforts, send information to Erika Spence at email@example.com.
Top Fundraiser (large company): Tuition for Leadership
Top Fundraiser (small
company): Holiday party catered by Sodexo
Top Fundraising Individual: Costco package valued at $500
2. What is a virtual food drive?
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida virtual food drive is a
representational web-based tool that allows individuals and
organizations to hold an online food drive. While we love donations in
any form, our virtual food drive allows us to serve more clients, more
efficiently. It's fast, easy and fun!
3. Why a virtual food drive?
Holding a Virtual Food Drive lets you or your group get involved with
ending hunger in Central Florida in an easy, immediate and highly
Below are some benefits of running a virtual food drive:
- Easy to use and manage.
- It's the greenest and easiest of all food drives.
- Allows for group participation. Competition-style drives can encourage greater participation.
- Transactions can be completed within minutes.
- You may use any major credit card for payment on a secure website.
- Donors will receive an e-receipt confirming their donations immediately.
- Saves Second Harvest Food Bank the time and resources incurred by a physical food drive.
- Your donations allow us to purchase our most needed items.
4. How do I get started?
There are three ways you can get involved!
- Sign up to become a community champion by starting a virtual food drive.
- Donate to one of Feed the Need's community champions.
- Donate to the campaign.
5. Can I just make a donation to the Feed the Need Campaign?
Yes, click here to donate to the campaign.
6. Can you give me some ideas to make my virtual food drive a success?
Please make sure to read the Feed the Need Virtual Food Drive Manual. Our manual provides tips for a successful virtual food drive! Also make sure to check out our online toolkit and hunger facts page. All these resources get you on your way to running a successful virtual food drive.
7. Virtual Food Drive Disclaimer:
Please note that the virtual food drive is a representational giving tool, and
is meant to provide you with illustrative examples of the powerful return on
investment that results when a financial gift is made to support our neighbors
in need through Second Harvest Food Bank. Your gift will be used to provide up
to nine times the amount contributed in terms of the value of the wholesome food
that will be distributed as a result of your generosity.
8. I still have questions.
Please send any virtual food drive questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-514-1010.
Please send any questions about the Feed the Need Campaign to Ashley Ringer at aringler@WinterPark.org